+ Responder
Página 1 de 2 1 2 ÚltimaÚltima
Mostrando resultados 1 a 15 de 29

Discusión: OEM NAVI (MFD1,2,3, OR RNS-E) on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho

Peatón

OEM NAVI (MFD1,2,3, OR RNS-E) on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho

-PART 1 Hi to all, this is my first post here, great forum!!
    I'm an Italian owner of a wonderful Seat Leon 1M (old one) Fr TDI 150cv l.e. Monza.
    In Italy i'm the only one that has been able to install a IMMO3 SPORT EDITION FULL-FIS tacho from a golf IV, after 1,5 years fo project's study with the help of the guys on gti-tdi.de.

Right now i'd like to install a OEM navi (VW MFD1,2,3 or AUDI RNS-E), i've to choose wich one is the best for my expectation.
    I need the navi to speak with the FIS, and it should be able to read MP3 and show the id3 tags on the navi's display and possibly on the upper part of the FIS too..

Science fiction??

I've already read this discussion,

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopi...ght=leon#25956

I've found out that the electrical wirings of the leon are more similar to the golf4 one's instead of audi a3 8l, in fact the 2 tachos are plug&play, only to be recoded and everything works perfectly.No additional/change of wirings, only 2 new wires to get the 4 open doors symbol to work.

I imagine that a VW navi could be the better choice for compatibility, but mfd1 and 2 can't read mp3 theirself (they need addiotional disposal) and right now there is no way to display on the screen the id3 tags of the mp3, nor on the upper part of the fis.To get this i should buy a MFD3 / RNS-510, but it's too new and expensive, and i've no idea if it's compatible with the golf 4 system.
    it'd be ok to me even the old MFD1, if only it could read mp3 and display the id3 tags on it and on the fis..
    right now i know that Dension should produce a ipod interface that MAYBE could solve the id3 tags problems on the MFD1 and 2..it should be ready in September/October..

So i tought at Audi RNS-E, it should be great about the mp3 matters, but i'm not sure it will be compatible with the golf 4 fis (navi indications, and id3 tags on the upper part).

What do you suggest to me??

Someone with golf 4 that has already done this kind of upgrade could help me??

-PART 2 thanks to a passatworld's guy, i've found out that a RNS2 (NOT MFD2) can work with MK4-based platforms FIS.
    some news (maybe old).

I've finally understood some things regarding the FIS..

For the golf 4 with CAN-BUS (those after 2002) can be fully installed the MFD2 of the touareg.Only that one.

Unfortunately the MFD2 of the touran and golf the V cannot be installed.

This because they work to 2 various speeds of can-bus.

The RNS2 of the touareg works to 1.6 as on golf 4 (and therefore it is possible to make the upgrade).

The MFD2 of touran/Golf 5 works to 2.0, therefore it's totally incompatible.

To this point is officially stated that it's impossible to mount the MFD3 on golf 4 and to hope in the compatibility with the MK4 system. (stated that all the upgrade to MFD3 came from MFD2 installed on golf V, therefore with can 2.0).

I don't know the can-speed of the Audi RNS-E and about his compatibility with the MK4 / 3BG FIS..

Maybe some strange type of emulators of can-bus could exist to emulates the 2,0 on systems 1,6. But from what I have read in other forums, it does not seem possible.

Therefore we must head all at touareg's RNS2. Hoping that in the future it'll receive some upgrade to add id3 tag mp3 thing.

But in all probability it will remain an utopy.

But at least is really good news that we can get RNS2 instead of 1 on MK4-based platform with the FIS fully working!!

IF you get some kind of interface to try to see the Mp3 tags on FIS and/or on the mfd2 display, please keep me upgraded with your results!!

-PART 3 take a look here:

http://www.3pmdev.de/index_en.html

even if it isn't update since 2 years, it seems to be the best choiche to get what we want..but it regards MFD1 i think..

but the prices..

who knows..

Sorry for the lenght of the post, i've connected the 3 post i've done in the past in other forums..

Sorry I can't speak portoguese, so i've to speak in (bad) english..

Thanks in advantage for all help.

Byez

Peatón
    some pics of my leon's interior with fis:

Clase Ibiza Cupra Avatar de carbu2
    Lugar
    Málaga
    Unas preguntas M206, a ver si me las puedes responder..

1.- Has codificado algo para que te salga la opcion en el menu del FIS de "Navegacion"??

2.- Cuando te falta gasoil, se te queda el chivato encendido todo el rato en la parte superior de la pantalla??

3.- Se enciende el chivato del capot si lo abres??

4.- Te funciona el home link o lo llevas sin conectar??

*La pregunta de lo de la opcion del menu "Navegacion" es porque a mi no me sale, entonces no se si cuando ponga un navegador me va a dar la opcion..

Saludos..

Peatón
    hi carbu, let's see if i've understand your questions:

-1 yes, in my softcode i added +16 in the first part of the code to get the navi option.

-2 the empty tank warning appear the first time for several seconds, then every time i turn the ignition on, it lasts some seconds and then it disappears.

-3 i think you mean the front bonnet.no it doesn't work for me, i've to run a wire from pin 22 of the green tacho connector to pin 5 of the CCM T15 connector.

-4 yes the homelink is working fine without any additional connections (i've connected it to my existing courtesy lights).

and what about my project to get in some way the navi and mp3's infos on the navi display and on the FIS??

any update??

byez

Clase Audi A8 V8 Avatar de juanravillaca
    Lugar
    Barcelona
    carbu, tu cuadro esta perfecto tio.
    Seat Toledo II 1.9 TDI 110 Cv Repro by TLR , Parrot 3100 , llantas FRII 225/45/17 , Plafon W8 , cuadro Golf IV Sport con FIS , Toberas S3 , Pomo y cerquillo FR , Pedalera TT , Asientos FR , Limpias aerotwin golf IV ,Frenos 312 20VT
    Mi perfil: http://www.vagclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15696

Lugar
    Málaga
    Quote Originalmente publicado por M206 Ver post
    hi carbu, let's see if i've understand your questions:

-1 yes, in my softcode i added +16 in the first part of the code to get the navi option.

-2 the empty tank warning appear the first time for several seconds, then every time i turn the ignition on, it lasts some seconds and then it disappears.

-3 i think you mean the front bonnet.no it doesn't work for me, i've to run a wire from pin 22 of the green tacho connector to pin 5 of the CCM T15 connector.

-4 yes the homelink is working fine without any additional connections (i've connected it to my existing courtesy lights).

and what about my project to get in some way the navi and mp3's infos on the navi display and on the FIS??

any update??

byez
    Muchas gracias por esas respuestas tio.. me dejas mas trankilo..

Quote Originalmente publicado por juanravillaca
    carbu, tu cuadro esta perfecto tio.
    Ya se que soy insistente tio, pero todo es por el poco tiempo que tengo yo para probarlo, sino no preguntaria nada de esto.. jejejejejje.. muchas gracias de todas formas a ti tambien juan; menos mal que me echaste un cable que sino aun estaria guardao en un cajon..

Saludos..

Peatón
    Quote Originalmente publicado por M206 Ver post

any update??

byez
    anyone interested in this thing??

no problem carbu, i'm happy to be useful..
    i remember that i felt the same way when i get the first time my new tacho..
    so don't worry, feel free to ask everything you want, if i can i'll be happy to reply to you!!

Peatón
    up..

anyone get some news??

M206, your tacho is beautifull!!!

I'm hoping to do the same.

About the Mp3, are you sure that the RNS-E isn't compatible with your FIS?
    I know that there are a few Leons like ours that have the RNS-E installed, and it works perfect. however, I haven't seen one installed with FIS.

I think that you might need some adapter cable to connect the RNS-E directly to the Tacho.

Here is a picture of a RNS-E installed on a LEON:

Did I help in anyway?

Clase Audi RS4 Avatar de alberto_amc
    Lugar
    Espagne
    El Rns-E queda de vicio en el león....

Lugar
    Málaga
    Makka eso es exactamente lo que quiero saber yo.. si con un cable solo podriamos hacer que se viera en el FIS como en el caso del MFD1 pero creo que no consta solo de eso, sino que el RNS-E maneja distinto protocolo de comunicacion, por lo que no solo haria falta un cable que los comunique, sino tambien una interfaz o emulador que traduciese la señal al FIS.. pero claro, todo esto es hablar por hablar, porque tampoco estoy 100% seguro..

Lo suyo seria tener un bicho de estos para probarlo con el FIS y hacer las pruebas necesarias..

Quote Originalmente publicado por alberto_amc
    El Rns-E queda de vicio en el león....
    Y tu que lo digas tio.. tengo un dilema encima por la culpa del FIS que no veo jejejejejej..

Saludos..

Clase Audi R8 Avatar de pas-pas
    A lo mejor con el TMC (que no sé si lo lleva ya integrado el RNS-e) se podría conseguir comunicación entre el RNS-e y el cuadro FIS.

He leído en algún sitio que el TMC convertía las señales a/desde CANBUS para poder comunicarse con el cuadro pero no estoy totalmente seguro de esta afirmación.

Clase Audi A8 V8 Avatar de juanravillaca
    Lugar
    Barcelona
    Quote Originalmente publicado por pas-pas Ver post
    A lo mejor con el TMC (que no sé si lo lleva ya integrado el RNS-e) se podría conseguir comunicación entre el RNS-e y el cuadro FIS.

He leído en algún sitio que el TMC convertía las señales a/desde CANBUS para poder comunicarse con el cuadro pero no estoy totalmente seguro de esta afirmación.
    Eso es correcto, los ulitmos modelos de mfd1 llebavan inevitablemente tmc para comunicarse con el cuadro via can-bus, el mfd1 envia la señal can-bus al tmc y este la convierte , si no recuerdo mal, en can-bus bosch y se conecta al confort
    Seat Toledo II 1.9 TDI 110 Cv Repro by TLR , Parrot 3100 , llantas FRII 225/45/17 , Plafon W8 , cuadro Golf IV Sport con FIS , Toberas S3 , Pomo y cerquillo FR , Pedalera TT , Asientos FR , Limpias aerotwin golf IV ,Frenos 312 20VT
    Mi perfil: http://www.vagclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15696

Peatón
    Quote Originalmente publicado por MakKA Ver post
    M206, your tacho is beautifull!!!

I'm hoping to do the same.

About the Mp3, are you sure that the RNS-E isn't compatible with your FIS?
    I know that there are a few Leons like ours that have the RNS-E installed, and it works perfect. however, I haven't seen one installed with FIS.

I think that you might need some adapter cable to connect the RNS-E directly to the Tacho.

Here is a picture of a RNS-E installed on a LEON:

Did I help in anyway?

thanks for your info..

every kind of help is appreciated..

in any case there are some little news.

if you go here:

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=it&ie=UTF-8

(From German to English) they say that this "adapter" let you install the MFD3 on cars with can-bus 1.6.

About the FIS compatibility, they wrote that within 2 weeks the fis option would have been implemented, unfortunately 3 months are passed and there are still no news ..

Probably, since the volume of sales is not so high, those of tixxon are focusing on other things..

Who knows if this version with fis info implemented will ever be released..

Maybe sending many e-mails asking news about this, they could return to give some attention on this product..

What do you say?

Clase Audi R8 Avatar de pas-pas
    @ M206.

You can just get now 1.6-2.0 CANBUS adapter, at least, in Spain. There is a online shop that sells this kind of adapter:

www.vag-navisystems.com

Here you have two kind of this product:
    http://www.vag-navisystems.com/compr...hp?cPath=35_92

- Canbus adapter (v1.6 to v2.0) + video in movement
    - Only canbus adapter (v1.6 to v2.0)

+ Responder

Discusiones similares

1. Un Navi MFD1 menos: VWZ1Z7E5177852
    Por Peter en el foro El Salón
    Respuestas: 16
    Último post: 17/10/2010, 23:35
  2. sobre el navegador mfd1 en seat leon