+ Responder
Mostrando resultados 1 a 3 de 3

Discusión: COLIN MCRAE PILOTA UN FABIA WRC 05 EN EL RALLY GB

Lugar
    Comunidad Madrid

COLIN MCRAE PILOTA UN FABIA WRC 05 EN EL RALLY GB

Colin McRae is to join the Skoda Motorsport World Rally Team for Rally GB (September 15-18 ). McRae will be partnered in the Fabia WRC 05 by Welsh co-driver Nicky Grist, the pairing reunited for the first time since New Zealand 2003.

Skoda Motorsport World Rally Team manager Joan Sureda successfully concluded the deal for McRae to join the team during last weekend's Rally Finland. McRae drove the Fabia WRC on asphalt ahead of last year's Catalunya Rally. He will now drive the Fabia in competition for the first time and will carry out a programme of intensive gravel testing before his first WRC appearance since Rally GB 2003.

Since taking a temporary retirement from the WRC at the end of 2003, McRae has contested four Rally Raids, finishing 20th on his Dakar debut last year before winning the Baja Portalegre in Portugal. He also contested the 2004 Le Mans 24 Hour race.

The 37-year old Scot became Britain's first ever World Rally Champion when he won the title in 1995. His career includes 25 WRC event wins, a total beaten only by Carlos Sainz, and three outright wins on Rally GB (1994, 1995 and 1997). Having contested 143 WRC events to date he will be the most experienced driver in the field when he takes the start in Cardiff next month as team mate to Armin Schwarz, another veteran of over 100 WRC events.

Rally GB begins with a Ceremonial Start by the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff at 1930 on the evening of Thursday September 15 before the event heads further into west Wales to its base at the Felindre Rally Centre near Swansea. After an overall total of 357.56kms the rally finishes in Cardiff on Sunday at 1410 (1510 CET).

Joan Sureda (Skoda Motorsport Team Manager): "I'm very happy that we have the chance to bring Colin back to the WRC on this event because we know that he was keen to return to the championship. He has a lot of experience on this rally which we will find very useful for our future development. I'm sure that the fans will be as excited about Colin's appearance as we are."

Colin McRae: "Rally GB is obviously very special to me, so I am very much looking forward to competing on my home event and giving the fans something to cheer. This is an opportunity for me to utilise my experience to help the ?koda Motorsport World Rally Team develop the Fabia WRC 05 in a positive way for the future. Although I have not competed in a World Rally Car since Rally GB 2003, the team have put together an extensive testing programme which will give me the opportunity to evaluate the Fabia and have it set up to my liking. It will also allow myself and Nicky to get ourselves up to speed before the event itself."

COLIN McRAE PROFILE

Date of Birth: August 5, 1968

Marital status: Married to Alison; two children (Hollie and Johnny)

First rally: 1985

WRC debut: Sweden 1987 (36th o/a, Vauxhall Nova)

WRC wins: 25 (1993: NZ; 1994: NZ, GB; 1995: NZ, GB; 1996: GR, I, E; 1997: EAK, F, I, AUS, GB; 1998: P, F, GR; 1999: EAK, P; 2000: E, GR; 2001: RA, CY, GR; 2002: GR, EAK).

Career highlights: World Rally Champion 1995 25 WRC victories

British Rally Champion 1991 and 1992

3rd in GT Class, Le Mans 24 Hours 2004

Awarded OBE for services to Motorsport in 1996
    Algunos Audi y VW..
    Tengo bastantes mensajes acumulados para contestar, tardaré...

Clase Lupo GTI Avatar de RubenFP
    Lugar
    Zaragoza / Barcelona
    Bueno, pues espectáculo aseugrado. A ver si está todavía en forma y hace algo importante.

saludos

PD cuántas estrellas Euroncap tiene el Fabia???
    http://www.vagclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1080

Clase Audi RS4
    Lugar
    Valencia
    buena noticia, estare atento a ver si hace algo mas que "juegos de rally´s" jajajaja

+ Responder

Discusiones similares

1. Colin Mcrae Ha Sufrido Un Accidente Mortal De Helicoptero
    Por ppperro en el foro Mundo del Motor
    Respuestas: 25
    Último post: 26/09/2007, 20:09
  2. ŠKODA MOTORSPORT COMPITE EN RALLY CATALUNYA CON 3 FABIA WRC
    Por berto en el foro Deportes del motor
    Respuestas: 1
    Último post: 27/10/2005, 20:45
  3. ŠKODA MOTORSPORT COMPETIRÁ CON TRES FABIA WRC EN EL RALLY AC
    Por berto en el foro Deportes del motor
    Respuestas: 0
    Último post: 22/06/2005, 01:33
  4. Un rally complicado para el Fabia WRC 05
    Por jesus1981 en el foro Deportes del motor
    Respuestas: 0
    Último post: 10/04/2005, 16:15
  5. El Skoda Fabia WRC debutará en el Rally de México (04/03/05)
    Por jesus1981 en el foro Deportes del motor
    Respuestas: 6
    Último post: 05/03/2005, 21:41